1. Fascism is not an easy concept to define precisely. But "says things about feminism that make me sad" is NOT "fascism," I'm pretty sure.
2. Darn that fine print. Turns out convicted felons can't serve as county sheriffs. Interesting side note: Buncombe County is the origin of the "that's bunkum!" insult. If you try to prevent bunkum, you are "debunking."
3. Too many Legos.
4. Kim Kardashian has transcended corporeal form and has evolved into pure irony with no trace of self-awareness. Unless it is ironic on purpose, in which case well played, ma'am. "Swipe to download the 'Women's Empowerment Pack'" of "Kimojis" for $2.50. The Onion should just close down. There is nothing left to say, nothing left to do.
5. This CLAIMS to be satire. I'm actually not sure.
6. On the national security argument for protectionism.
7. Megan McCardle on what we know, and don't know, about minimum wages.
8. Katherine Mangu-Ward, on the case of "Smug v. Troll".
9. Reason video: I like it, I love it! Remy is awesome.
10. American farmers know more about foreign trade than American president, part 2,493.
11. The conscience of capitalism. And the success of China being due to markets. And the dramatic worldwide decline in extreme poverty.
12. California is losing population, mostly families with children. You can't afford to live in California, and the amenities of living there are no longer all that nice.
13. Fusion energy.
14. Is this how China is thinking of Africa, or how China wants Africa to think of China? (And of course it is a gross generalization, because lots of variation within Africa, culturally, separate nations, and otherwise. But still...)
15. Immigration today and the Fugitive Slave Act then....
16. How capicola became gabagool. A video on this subject, with Kelly Ripa.
17. Libertarian perspectives on voting.
18 Math, math, the crooked path...to data science.
19. Whisky and deep time.
20. 10 things to know about tariffs....
Grand Lagniappe:From @academiaobscura: Never ever let your publisher write the captions on your illustrations...